The recurring revenue model has changed priorities for most businesses, namely the need for customer retention and the subsequent creation of the customer success function. This Gainsight article deeply discusses the various elements to customer success with industry experts who focus on different aspects of the buyer journey.
- Company commitment to product.
- Sell to the right customer.
- Natural tendency for customers is to churn.
- Customer expects for you to make them wildly successful.
- Relentlessly monitor and manage customer health.
- You can no longer build loyalty through personal relationships.
- Product must be priority #1.
- Obsessively improve time to value.
- Deeply understand the details of churn and retention.
- Customer success teams must become metrics-driven.